Friday, January 20, 2012

day 19: banana 'nice' cream

Today was the start of spring semester, which means busy. And what's better than eating leftovers when you're busy and don't have time to cook? 

But, as luck would have it, not having to cook for lunch meant I had some extra time to spend on dessert, which is exactly what I did. 

Imagine a dessert that's healthy, raw, (processed) sugar-free, sans chemicals AND delicious. Sounds too good to be true, eh? 

Well, my friends, say hello to banana 'nice' cream. 


Banana 'nice' cream, banana soft serve, frozen whipped bananas -- whatever you want to call it -- has been adored by raw foodies for ages. The first time I tried this, I remember thinking to myself, how can something this simple be this creamy and delicious? And, how have I not known about this until now? I had no idea. But something this good has to be shared and that's exactly what I'm going to do. 

This is a really quick dessert. All you need is about five minutes, a couple of frozen bananas and a food processor (though an old classmate of mine makes her banana 'nice' cream in a Vitamix).


This week has been a rough one for me so I want to end this post with one of my favorite quotes:

You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
~Buddha

With that -- peace and love -- and the recipe.
~Jo

Banana 'nice' cream

Makes about 2 cups

2-3 frozen bananas (if they're small bananas, use 3)

Break the bananas in half and place into the food processor. Turn the processor on and let run for about 4-5 minutes, scraping the sides every so often. 

Note: You might want to pulse the bananas for the first 30 seconds until they're broken down a little bit, otherwise your food processor may dance down the countertop. 

Once the bananas have reached a really smooth consistency, they're ready.

Spoon into bowls and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment