Friday, February 3, 2012

day 29: 'chorizo' breakfast scramble

I'm making a conscious effort to try and eat breakfast every day. I know the benefits and importance of eating breakfast, and sometimes I get carried away in the rush of the morning and leave the house without it. Today I woke up craving something hearty, which is interesting considering that the weather has been so warm.


I hadn't been to the market for a few days so I was working with limited supplies from the pantry and fridge. After some digging, I managed to find some soy chorizo, an onion, some cilantro and tater tots and threw together the best breakfast scramble I've had in ages!

The whole scramble took about 20 minutes from start to finish. I realize 20 minutes is longer than most people have to devote to breakfast so this would be great for a weekend meal if you're strapped for time.

I used frozen tots because I myself was time-strapped and didn't have time to make them from scratch. They were organic frozen tots, though, if that makes any difference ;)


Anyway, this was a hearty and delicious breakfast that kept my brain pumpin' and my stomach happy for hours :)

Peace and love --
~Jo

'Chorizo' breakfast scramble

Makes 2 servings

1 1/2 cups of non-meat breakfast sausage, crumbled
1 yellow onion, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups tater tots, cooked

Cook tater tots according to package instructions. 

Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes, until translucent. Add the sausage, continue to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cilantro at the very end and mix well.

Serve over tater tots and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment